Diamonds, the other way around!
Micro Cutting tools webshop
Visit the Micro Cutting tools in our webshop as registered customer or register now.
DD Micro Cutting tools
The cutting edge of milling tools
DD Group developed a range of high quality cylindrical milling tools for cutting intraocular implants and micro structures.
- Tool life 10,000 – 15,000 IOL Lenses
- Dramatic reduction of machine downtime (at least 150 times less) in replacing conventional cutters
- Highest accuracy
- Superior surface finish, less polishing required
- Perfectly balanced
- From Ø0.35mm cutting diameter and larger
- Working Length 2x cutting diameter
- Shank dimension standard Ø3.0mm
- Other dimensions on request
- Our IOL diamond milling tools can be used on PMMA and foldable materials, fixed with wax, vacuum or ice. Only use on machines with air bearings and with a spindle which is perfectly balanced.
- Not recommended for drilling. Theoretically it is possible, but because of possible problems with chip-congestion the tool can break. So therefore always ramp down in material at an angle.
Milling at normal temperature:
- The feed (mm/min) should not exceed the spindle speed (RPM) divided by 1000 (example: RPM 40,000 then feed maximum 40mm/min)
Milling in frozen material:
- The feed (mm/min) should not exceed the spindle speed (RPM) divided by 300 (example: RPM 40,000 then speed maximum 130mm/min).