Diamonds, the other way around!
DD Micro Cutting tools
The cutting edge of milling tools
DD Group developed a range of high quality cylindrical milling tools for cutting intraocular implants and micro structures.
- Tool life 10,000 – 15,000 IOL Lenses
- Dramatic reduction of machine downtime (at least 150 times less) in replacing conventional cutters
- Highest accuracy
- Superior surface finish, less polishing required
- Perfectly balanced
- From Ø0.35mm cutting diameter and larger
- Working Length 2x cutting diameter
- Shank dimension standard Ø3.0mm
- Other dimensions on request
- Our IOL diamond milling tools can be used on PMMA and foldable materials, fixed with wax, vacuum or ice. Only use on machines with air bearings and with a spindle which is perfectly balanced.
- Not recommended for drilling. Theoretically it is possible, but because of possible problems with chip-congestion the tool can break. So therefore always ramp down in material at an angle.
Milling at normal temperature:
- The feed (mm/min) should not exceed the spindle speed (RPM) divided by 1000 (example: RPM 40,000 then feed maximum 40mm/min)
Milling in frozen material:
- The feed (mm/min) should not exceed the spindle speed (RPM) divided by 300 (example: RPM 40,000 then speed maximum 130mm/min).